General Elections


The City of Timpson holds annual elections on the May uniform election date (first Saturday in May).

General Information
The City Council is made up of six members (Mayor and five councilmembers).  All councilmembers are elected "at large."  All office holders for city elective office shall meet the requirements for public office prescribed by state and federal law​​.  They must be registered voters, residing within the city limits for at least one year prior to the election and be at least 21 years of age by the date of the election.         ​

Voter Registration
​To vote in any election, including municipal elections, residents must be registered to vote in the county where they reside. In order to register to vote, you must be a U.S. citizen and 18 years of age. The voter registration application must be received in the voter registrar's office or postmarked 30 days before an election for you to be eligible to vote in that election.
Please visit for more information.
​Reporting, Contributions & Expenditures
Questions regarding reporting procedures, contributions and expenditures are to be directed to the Texas Ethics Commission at (512) 463-5800 or click on the following link:

​​Election Law
Questions regarding election law are to be directed to the Texas Secretary of State at (512) 463-5650 or 1-800-252-VOTE (8683)

For additional information​, please visit the following resources:
​Shelby County Election Office
Texas Secretary of State Elections Division
Texas Ethics Commission​​​



Website by Dogwood Designs

The Texas Election Code 631(b) requires a photo ID in order to vote in Texas. The Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 521A and 37 Texas Administration Code, Sections 15.181-185, authorizes DPS to issue Election Identification Certificates. Please click on the links below for additional information and the application form.

Election Identifications Certificate (EIC) Now Required for Texas Voters

Application for Texas Election Certificate (DL-14C)

For 2020-2022 Election dates & information go to or contact theCity Secretary.